Satellite
  • Day 8

    A better place

    November 20, 2019 in India ⋅ ☀️ 26 °C

    We've been in varanasi for a day now and we like it so much more here! Our first hotel was a bit nerve inducing with no English being spoken and half getting scammed. Also the bathroom there ventilated into ours and the people next door smoked and so our room was filled with smoke.

    None the less after an eight hour car ride we made it to Varanasi! Instantly the hostel staff were so so so so much more friendly and welcoming. Felt right at home.

    In the shared room we met a lovely Irish couple (praise ❤️) who had been traveling the world for 11 months already. They had so many good tips and made us feel so much better about everything, we could ask them for good tips too.

    Then we went to look at the river Ganges (our hostel is right next to it) and saw what we think was a floating dead body. Yum!

    Now we're in a private room because we figured we'd have some luxury. The place has a roof terrace with a lovely view but we now also have a little balcony. Win-win-win.

    Finally got sim cards today so we're more mobile. We really like varanasi because everyone is nice to us here and greets us instead of just staring. Also it's such a spiritual place where they are so respectful of the animals as well as people. Happy!
    Read more