Satellite
  • Day 22

    Roy's Peak!

    April 19, 2016 in New Zealand ⋅ ⛅ 14 °C

    Wow what a day. Woke up around 830 and quickly got ready. After having a quick breakfast, Hannes Francesca, Lison and I headed out to do a big day hike at Roy's peak. We got there shortly after 10 and got to the summit around 130. The total hike with return was 16km! And let me tell you, it was not an easy 16km.

    At the summit I met Kelly and Eriko, two sisters from the states. We exchanged chocolates and travel stories. There was a lookout spot where these two german girls needed help taking a picture. After I helped them they returned the favour and they ended up getting my favourite shot of the trip so far! Perfectly timed!

    Around 430 we got back to the car and headed back into Wanaka. The three of them were off to Queenstown, but I have two more nights to enjoy Wanaka. They were a great group and I really enjoyed spending the last two days with them!

    Then I got back to the hostel and met up with Emilie and Becca. We went for a nice dinner at lake bar. I had beer short rib with mashed potatoes and vegetable and I also ate Emilie's fries too because I was solo hungry! Afterwards I even went to the super market and bought a chocolate cake and some milk and enduldged. I have lots left so I'll eat it for breakfast tomorrow.

    The rest of the night was low key and spent in the hostel. I played three games of pool against a kiwi lad named Louis and I won them all on the black ball. Tomorrow should be a good day on the town.

    -Terrence out
    Read more