Satellite
  • Day 53

    Last Day in Australia/Back To Paihia!

    May 20, 2016 in New Zealand ⋅ ☀️ 18 °C

    Today is my last full day in Australia. I got up around 8:30 and got ready. I then went down to the market to buy some stuff for breakfast and found a few small souvenirs for myself as well. Around 1130 I took the bus (which I nearly missed, oops!).

    I checked into my hostel. I had intentions of going to see the city but I really couldn't be bothered. Instead I just had some lunch and relaxed.

    Eventually I decided to get some take away for supper. When I returned to the hostel's kitchen area who did I see but my friend from Byron Bay, Stefaan. We chatted and caught up on our last week of adventures. The hostel actually had a rooftop dining area with a spectacular view of the city!

    After we finished our suppers we headed downstairs to the bar and had a beer. We discussed tattoos and popculture before heading to bed early. It was really nice to see another familiar face!

    And that's it ladies and gents. Australia is complete! Now back to New Zealand (yay!).

    May 20

    Alrighty so after a flight early this morning I'm back in New Zealand. I'm going back to Paihia to visit Emilie for the week. We're going to take adventures around the north lands and just enjoy being jobless in a beautiful small town! Looking forward to it!

    I probably won't make much for blog entries this week because I'll just want to enjoy my last week away from home. I'll write a few final entries late next week!

    -Terrence out
    Read more