Satellite
  • Day 13

    Eiffel Tower - Part 3

    November 14, 2017 in France ⋅ ☁️ 6 °C

    Back on the ground, we tried to ride the carousel, but didn't have enough cash....I think we need about 12 Euros, but were .50cents short! So we went for a walk to find a cash machine....Believe it....it's true....there are still places that only accept cash!! It was a surprise, considering we were at the Eiffel Tower...a massive tourist attraction! We went on an adventure, found a nice restaurant for lunch, finally found a bank machine, and even another carousel! Did I mention that they are double decker carousels?? So much fun! Jay and I have traveled to about 21 countries now...and our favourite thing to do while in each one, is just walk....just walk and see what you find, meet some locals, see how they live, what their days entail....away from the tourist attractions. For us, it's the best way to travel...to actually experience natural life...not just the tourist locales.

    We finally made it back, took a couple of rides on the carousels, and continued on our way...back on the trains!

    We finished off the evening with a nice, delicious dinner at a small restaurant along the walking street. The gentleman out front was so friendly and very interactive with the girls. He's been trying to get us to eat there since we arrived, so we thought we finally would. After walking around a bit more, we retired early. It was a great day full of fantastic adventures!!
    Read more