Satellite
  • Day 17

    Maui - Day 8 (Maui Brewery)

    August 10, 2016 in the United States ⋅ ⛅ 27 °C

    Yesterday was sadly our last day in Maui. We spent it having breakfast on our lanai (thanks to Melissa for the homemade everything bagels), doing some snorkeling and boogey boarding in the Pacific, and taking a tour of the Maui Brewing Company where our friend works as a master brewer. He attended brewing school in the second oldest brewing school in the world, located in Chicago. He then returned to Maui and is the only one on the island with his certification. I didn't realize quite how much science went into the beer brewing process. It was very interesting and both Amanda and I learned a lot! Shout out to JD for the behind the scenes look at the brewery. After the tour we headed back to our happy place.....the beach. There were hardly any people there despite the unbelievable weather so it really felt like our own private sliver of sand. We ended our trip with dinner with friends and "real" shave ice the way the locals do it... with vanilla ice cream and optional red beans.

    As we sit in the airport with the better part of 20 hours of traveling ahead of us, we are filled with gratitude and love for Hawaii and its people. This was truly a bucket list trip that we will never forget!!! Thank you to YWLN for helping to make this dream a reality.
    Read more