Satellite
  • Day 12

    Cinque Fotografies-Barcelona Day 7

    April 25, 2022 in Spain ⋅ 🌙 17 °C

    There is something to be said about the luxury of an unplanned day. We celebrated Jim's 58th birthday with a long walk through Las Ramblas and a wonderful tapas meal for a long lunch.

    I was initially a bit paranoid about wandering through this part of the city as we heard many tales of pickpockets in the Plaza de Catalunya.
    We have learned to be vigilant, particularly in crowds, and that has been fine.

    This was the best weather day; it was an absolutely gorgeous sunny day with comfortable temperatures in the upper 60's. We enjoyed people watching, sitting at a Cafe, and a very long walk through the old part of town. It really is mind-blowing to see churches from the 15th century and the ancient narrow streets.

    Of course, there are many modern stores and brands that we see in the U.S., but we wandered off the main thoroughfare to enjoy the quieter streets.

    We did get a glimpse of the exterior of Casa Batila, one of Gaudi's brilliant architectural designs. We opted not to take any of those tours. We were very grateful for an unscheduled day, to celebrate my husband's birthday and the wonderful city siights. The city and people of Barcelona are lovely. We have been grateful for our launch here. Next stop: Madrid. Cuidáte.
    Read more