Satellite
  • Day 32

    Cinque Fotografie-Tuscany Day 4

    May 15, 2022 in Italy ⋅ 🌙 15 °C

    Today we were joined by Jim C's sisters,Sharon and Nancy, who traveled from Oregon, Wisconsin and Portland, Maine (we have Portland and Oregon well covered on this trip).

    Although they had a few travel delays arriving from Boston, they made it to Firenze safe and sound and we headed back to our accommodations in San Gimignano.

    We enjoyed drinks and sunbathing by the pool and resting up before a wonderful dinner on the terrace.

    I have always marveled at how close Jim and his siblings are. It's fun to watch their rhythm together, and it's a treat to experience the treasure of Tuscany with them.

    As I reflect on our reunion today, I offer this thought of gratitude:

    Sharon and Nancy have always treated me like I was another brother. From the day that I first met them, I have deeply appreciated that they respect and honor our relationship as important. I love them very much for that experience, and I've also always experienced it with their parents and their children as well. There are too many of our GLBT friends who don't get that experience, and I know that we are very lucky.

    We are looking forward to our new adventures this week. L'amore per la famiglia è magico.
    Buona Notte 🌟
    Note: Thanks to Nancy C for the first four pics.
    Read more