Satellite
  • Day 97

    FIVE PHOTOGRAPHS: Portland Home Again

    July 19, 2022 in the United States ⋅ ☀️ 28 °C

    I just wanted to express gratitude to you all for following our journey. Although it was a twenty-hour travel day, it went quite smoothly. The security queues weren't too long, and we were lucky to have resting time in the hospitality lounges at Dublin and Heathrow.

    When we were flying into Heathrow, I noticed that we flew over Windsor Castle.

    Our direct flight from Heathrow to Portland was smooth and comfortable. We flew a very northerly route over Iceland and Greenland. We were grateful to be able to travel in Business Class (Yay for stockpiled mileage points).

    We recognize how very lucky we were to be able to take this trip. We have learned so much from the experience. It was a special treat to make acquaintances along the way. I really do think that we will forge some long-lasting friendships.

    I want to close with gratitude to my husband. He first proposed that we do this about 15 months ago. I really was surprised that he was open to going for so long. It was a great way to bookmark the next chapter in our lives. I shall be forever grateful to him for pushing the idea. The experience was powerful and healing.

    Be well, friends and family. I'm signing off from Portland.
    Read more