Satellite
  • Day 8

    Hopeless Wanderer

    August 3, 2018 in England ⋅ ⛅ 25 °C

    It was training not raining today. I caught the train from Coventry to Stockport today to meet up with Michael,Katie and Chris. The journey was uneventful, although the train was packed and I could not get a seat until after Birmingham International. Sam cooked us a full English breakfast this morning so that I would not be hungry on my train ride. Michael was waiting for me at the station and as Katie had given him her car we were soon on our way.

    Ripponden is a village and civil parish on the River Ryburn near Halifax in West Yorkshire, England. Historically it was part of the West Riding of Yorkshire. Its population was 6,412 at the time of the 2001 Census, and 7,421 in 2011. I love Ripponden it is set in beautiful Yorkshire countryside, green and hilly. We are off for dinner at the Hito tonight. The Hito used to be called the Millhouse but it has now turned Spanish. Michael and I stopped on the journey home at the Turnpike a pub on the Oldham Road. Michael phoned Katie and asked if she wanted us to pick her up. We drove into Halifax and her shop and it was lovely to see her and have a big hug. She looked genuinely happy to see me.

    In the evening we met up with Sharon and Ian to have dinner at the new rebranded Hito pub. The Hito was formally known as the Milestone which sounded a better name than its latest name which sounds Japanese. We began our evening at the Fox and sat out in the beer garden as the evening was warm. I cannot believe I have been able to sit outside in England and have a drink. The Tapas meal that we ordered at the Hito was delicious. The food was spicy and tasted authentic Spanish. We ordered far too much. The girls were drinking Porn star cocktails and the boys G&T’s. Sharon and Ian came back to Katie and Chris’s and we had an Elvis and sixties revival. Michael and I dropped into bed about midnight. It was a really good day. Goodnight diary.
    Read more