Satellite
  • Day 17

    One More Time

    August 12, 2018 in England ⋅ 🌧 16 °C

    Ok London here we come. The 91 bus to Trafalgar Square and then a long walk down The Mall to Buckingham Palace to watch the changing of the guard. We were too late to see the actual changing of the guards but we saw them marching back to their barracks which was colourful. We met up with Tabbys friend Nikki and her daughter Florence which was both good and bad as it made it awkward. We now had to deal with seven of us. It worked out ok as we all headed to the Science museum. Ollie loved it. Tabby and the girls went off to do their own thing. We visited the Victoria and Albert museum and after Nikki and Florence left to visit the butterfly collection in the Natural history museum we headed off to the embankment on the tube.

    It was quite a drizzly day and although we wanted to ride the London eye but it was impossible because the queues as always in London were far too long. The kids settled for a ride on a carousel. Along the walk to the embankment I noticed that there were quite a few things that the kids would be interested in like Shreks kingdom,the water world and the London dungeon. We didn’t have time today but maybe Tuesday. Big Ben was almost unrecognisable as the whole structure is covered in scaffolding and black protective mesh. But the Houses of Parliament were as grand as ever. Walking back to Trafalgar Square we called into a pub for lunch but as the wait was so long we just had a drink. In Trafalgar Square there was a protest by crowds of Punjabi Indians. The punjabis want to break away from India as they are being exploited. They seem to be a nice race of people. Miguel started to talk to a coup,e of the men and they were very polite. We caught the 91 home and went straight to the pub for a roast dinner. Tabby had the beef and Miguel and I had the pork. It was delicious. Arriving home we all agreed we were tied so it goodnight diary.
    Read more