Satellite
  • Day 118

    Sihanoukville, China Town

    June 18, 2022 in Cambodia ⋅ ⛅ 31 °C

    This very ugly and smelly city located on the coast of Cambodia has been completely conquered by the Chinese, so even the people you see look different, the buildings are so high and shinny with lights, there is a casino for every meter square, prices in this city also felt way higher and everything is written in chinese instead of khmer. Reaffirming how unpleasant this place is. But it was a necessary logistic stop before going to the islands were there is no connection, ATMs, supermarkets... Luckily the hostel had a nice pool (but with a very weird burping drunk man) and bumped into a girl I had met already for some company.
    The way to the city was quite easy as well, a lovely large family (they were like 30 people from all ages) took me there and invited me for lunch on the way. I sat on the back of the truck so could relax and even have a nap, but for my sick stomach that was a bit of a suffering (the road is in terrible conditions) and got there almost falling apart and with an insolation to add to my weak body. I really need some days to recover!

    🏠 Accomodation: Onedererz
    Read more