Satellite
  • Day 29

    Day 6: chased by the clouds :)

    June 12, 2016 in Norway ⋅ ⛅ 10 °C

    The day started nice and warm, even as early as 6:30 when I packed up my stuff and tent. So with the nice weather I decided to wash my hair, which is trickier than it sounds :) First of all, the water came from a stream straight out of a snow field, and second, even though the outdoor soap is bio-degradable, you must be 50 meters away from water when using it, so it can degrade in the soil. It was a funny running back and forth with my water bottles ;)
    Other highlights today were 2 suspension bridges, another river crossing without a bridge (this time I used my sneakers instead of going barefoot), ooh and I saw a REAL person for the first time in almost 4 days! An older gentleman, watching eagles and other birds in the canyon. We hiked together for about 15 minutes.
    As I'm a bit ahead of my schedule, I decided to do a detour to see 2 waterfalls, a canyon and Flaksjøen lake. Totally worth it!

    The most astonishing thing for me today was the weather. I saw rain clouds around me all day, rain went down only a few hundred meters away from me basically all afternoon. I was ready, wearing all my rain gear and backpack protection on. Yet it never hit me. I was always going just in the right direction at the right time to stay quite dry. Then once my tent was all pitched, it started raining for a bit. It's quiet now with a gorgeous view, but I see dark clouds moving my way, so it might rain more heavily later - wish me luck ;)
    Read more