Satellite
  • Day 16

    Sometimes It Hertz

    May 16, 2022 in the United States ⋅ ☀️ 31 °C

    Today is going to be a lazy day to get over the travelling of last week.

    Martin goes to check out some golf courses, Fi and Mark have a man come to talk about roof tiles and I chill out with a book by the pool.

    After lunch Mark goes out to check the car will start ready for tonight.

    Oh no flat as a preferable fart again, and so the saga starts. Fi gets on the phone to Hertz car rental, explains what has happened and how we'd had the same problem yesterday. They would send out the AAA to check the battery Fi said that's not good enough. After over an hour and us saying we were not prepared to drive to the airport to pick up a new car, which could have taken us anything up to 3 hours, they finally agreed to deliver a new vehicle to us at no charge, should be there in 2-3 hours.

    Eventually after about 4 hours and 2, more phone calls plus the AAA man telling us the battery was knackered the new vehicle arrived.

    How Fi managed to keep her temper, especially after being hung up on, I will never know if a true star..

    Unfortunately due to the late delivery of said vehicle our dinner plans had to change so we went to Rock Brews a restaurant playing'rock band' videos and sports channels, very different but good.

    Let's hope the new car starts in the morning.

    0
    Read more