Satellite
  • Day 4

    Chiang Mai - Time to relax

    January 20, 2018 in Thailand ⋅ ☀️ 26 °C

    Well we've been seriously on the go for over a week now and we are shattered, so we've taken the day to do some well earned TLC. We naturally got up pretty early and went down for some our morning eggs, toast and banana and we met a great guy called Randy. We must have been chatting for about 2hrs!It's time for a Thai massage. There were Thai massage parlours on every street, so we read a couple of reviews and decided to go to a rehabilitation centre for ex prisoners. For this I need to give you two sides of the story. I'm generally quite flexible and so for me it was great, she cracked every bone in my back at one point and I came out soo relaxed. Will, let's just say he's a lot less flexible and so the poor little old lady just didn't want to break him! But she tried to bend him as much as she could and he also came out loving it.

    In the evening we went to Bo Sang where they had an umbrella festival to support the locals whose sole job it is to make them. It was really cute! We got a Songtaeu there for cheap as chips and met some really great people who were doing a massage course in Chiang Mai.

    Tomorrow we have a very early day planned to see the Sakura trees (cherry blossom) so we planned to have an early night. We packed our bags got everything ready to check out for 7am and then I went for a shower... Next thing I know Will is knocking on the door asking if I have the key for the bedroom. Uh no you were still in the room... We were locked out of our room with nothing but our tiny towels. No phone, no key and no one at reception. All we could do was wait for another guest to come to our rescue. And luckily they did!!
    Read more