Satellite
  • Day 14

    Ill = Reading and Relaxation

    June 20, 2018 in Indonesia ⋅ 🌧 25 °C

    After a lovely lie in and getting back to our daily exercises we had a very late breakfast and if I'm completely honest we read our books all day long. It was actually really nice. Before travelling I would never have been able to just read for a day but I did and it was great! We had a super long lunch, had a feast for afternoon tea (did you know they don't have the chocolate in the middle anymore 😯), read and eventually moved ourselves out for dinner, read some more and then went to bed. Nothing exciting I'm afraid!

    Day 2 of full relaxation. Still our chest and ears were bunged up so we had a lie in, did our exercises, went for breakfast, read our books at the homestay (I finished the Enders Game), had lunch and then read some more on the beachfront. For dinner we went to our usual place as the owner is an absolute lovely lady who always offers to bring us more food, let's us just stay and read our books and brings us banana fritters for desert for free 😊 To be honest I know we are supposed to rest fully but I'm beginning to get the itch to be active and do something again.

    Day 3, to relax or not to relax... The next day we both were still not feeling 100% but decided to try and plan our leave for the next day anyway. We were super undecided what to do... Should we stay until better and hope we can dive again, should we visit the central mainland a bit more even though its forecasted to rain for the next week or should we begin our move to Java to climb Mount Ijen and Mount Bromo. It got quite late in the day but having been indoors or in the same place for 3 days we had to escape. So we jumped on the scooter for potentially our last ride in the travels!! We drove to Temple Of Lempuyang Luhur which was a temple complex famed for its beautiful views. When we set off the sky was clear and blue, however when we got there the fog was beginning to settle in. To be honest I was quite thankful of the slight coolness from the fog as it was a pretty hot hike to the top! After the visit to to the temple we were hoping to drive to a nearby town that was having a local festival. We jumped on the bike, headed down the super steep hill when all of a sudden the bike keeps cutting out and the brakes start to fail. Crap... Luckily we made it to the bottom OK but then stopped and Will did a couple of test drives and it seemed OK, but we didn't want to risk driving further out to to the town and then having to drive back in the dark, so unfortunately we headed back to the homestay via a cute little market where we picked up some dinner.

    As our ears were still pretty blocked from the diving unfortunately we realised we wouldn't be able to do more diving on this trip. Super sad times!!!!!!!! So we decided to make our way to Java tomorrow.
    Read more