Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 3

    Last Day so we relax... NOT

    July 8, 2018 in Singapore ⋅ ⛅ 30 °C

    Well today could not have been a more busy day if we tried. We woke up at 6am and joined Wing for what we thought was just going to be a stroll round a reservoir. We couldn't have been more wrong! They turned up in full sports kit and were ready for a 12km walk! I say walk very loosely here, they were definitely running in parts. We walked the Macritchie Reservoir and Tree Top Trail. It was really pretty, but tough!

    We all then headed to China Town for some well deserved brunch and to attempt to eat everything left on our must eats list. We ate Fish Soup, Curry Puff, sweet carrot cake (radish omlette) and Kaya toast with eggs. All I must admit were very tasty in particular the curry puff which was basically a Cornish pasty filled with thick chicken and egg curry, excited to come home and eat a pie. All washed down with a coffee. I'm officially done with attempting any other coffee now. I am certain that Vietnamese coffee is the only one for me and the others just screw up my stomach and taste far too bitter.

    Then being the crazy ones that we are we said bye to Wing and Andre and carried on seeing the rest of the sights. We visited Sri Mariamman Temple and the Buddha Tooth Relic temple which was completely different from the other temples we have seen and was a real hidden treasure.

    We then walked, yes walked for 30 mins, to Marina Bay Sands. We'd heard you can sneak a peak of the famous infinity pool and view if you go to to the toilet near the bar at the top. Well we did get into the bar at the top and snuck a couple of pictures then quickly declined the drinks and headed down. Our final thing on the to do list was to revisit the Gardens by the Bay during daylight. It was as impressive and beautiful as at night. We were ridiculously tired now and had done over 35,000 steps so we headed to Newton Hawkers Market and grabbed some dinner and breakfast for the early morning flight. We both still felt unbelievably sweaty from this mornings walk so instantly went for a shower before doing chores, eating dinner and packing the bags ready for the morning.
    Read more