Satellite
  • Day 3

    To the beach

    November 2, 2018 on the Philippines ⋅ ⛅ 30 °C

    OK we are now in danger area of lack of sleep. So yes we slept off and on yesterday till 10:30am, but it's now been about 9 days of very little sleep. Jet lag between all these countries is really defeating us. This morning we both said we can't wait to go home so we can sleep. I quickly threw this idea out the window as I am loving travelling, just in need of some real sleep and relaxation.

    In the morning I was bored of tossing and turning so I got up at 6:15am and freshened up. Once Will was ready we went down for breakfast. May was devastated that she had run out of gas in her cooker so could only offer us toast and jam but obviously we were happy! Bless her! We sat chatting for a while and she was still amazed that I was of Indian origin. She said I looked just like Miss Universe 1994, Shushmita Sen of India, and kept asking if I'd been on beauty shows or in competitions. I swear they were looking at someone else! She was so sweet and insisted on getting a hug before we left.

    Out in the burning heat with our backpacks again and the water works begin... not tears but sweat haha After about 20 mins we got to the bus terminal and we soon got on a bus to Moalboal. It's Will's birthday tomorrow so I've been wanting to get to a beach as soon as possible so we can chill out and swim. Unfortunately the place I wanted to book was booked up so hopefully the place I booked is going to be OK!

    The journey was pretty rough, as expected and it was very very busy with preople standing the whole journey. When we arrived another couple got off at the same time and the instantly the tricycle riders feasted upon us. Luckily the couple suggested we get lunch first which in hindsight of what came next was very wise. So first we enjoyed our McDonald's lunch 😊

    After lunch we began our haggling skills for a tricycle ride to Panagsama Beach which is where our accomodation, Cebu360 dive centre, was. Firstly the tricycles were offering crazy prices. Eventually we got to a guy who couldn't take us as he wasn't going that way but told us to walk 5 mins away and they will do it for cheaper. So we did after 30 seconds of walking someone picked us up for the agreed price. Easy.

    It was a very bumpy ride down a very poorly cemented gravel road, but he got us there pretty quick. He dropped us off at what we thought was the right place but on showing our booking we soon realised it wasn't. Luckily the owner of this dive centre, Cameron from Leicester, led us to where he thought was the one we needed, but we soon found out it had been shut down as the owner had an argument with the ground owner. This seems to happen quite a lot here. Hot and bothered, Cameron led us back to his dive centre, handed us beer, let us use his WiFi and said try and work out what's happening but don't worry we will sort something out. In the end he was an absolute super star he gave us a lovely room for cheap at the dive centre, told us about dives that he can offer us for the next few days and turned what could have been into a panic situation into a calm and happy one. Now I'd like to to say that we then jumped into the sea, made the most of being the beautiful Philippines and got one with nature but that would be an utter lie. As soon as they gave us the room I desweated and just led on the bed, did some reading, read my blog and chilled out in an airconned room. Maybe it's a waste but it's what my body needed! I wasn't resting for long before Will said I should get up to watch sunset. It was much cooler now so I headed out to watch Will swim out in the sunset which was quite picturesque.

    For dinner we had veggie and seafood noodles which we were told is more than enough for 2. We waited an hour and half and it came absolutely miniscule and so we had to go to another restaurant for another dish of veggie curry before heading home for hopefully a full night sleep.
    Read more