Satellite
  • Day 2

    Kochi!

    November 20, 2018 in India ⋅ ⛅ 30 °C

    We both slept amazingly well but probably could have slept for ever haha Aware we told Julie we would have breakfast for 9:30am we got up and ready, had Puttu a local dish with rice noodles, sweet black tea and then began our journey around the town. We saw the famous Chinese fishing nets which were gifted to the Kochi King from the Chinese Emperor in the 14th century. We wandered around the costal line which was clearly suffering from severe damage from the flooding a couple of months ago. We then wandered along the narrow lanes to St Francis Church, the oldest church in India built in the 16th Century and then had a late lunch around 2pm.

    In the afternoon we took a rickshaw to Jew Street and the Dutch Palace. This area was very fun and lively with lots of hip cafes. We met a mother and daughter in a cafe who had been travelling in India for a month and they gave us lots of tips on what to see and do,which was great as we have come with zero plans!

    For dinner we decided to wander down the local area and found a restaurant full of locals. We had Othampan, dosa, 2 lemon teas, we were absolutely stuffed and it cost us £1.

    Today was just what we needed to ease us into the Indian life. A few sights and great food. Perfect.
    Read more