Satellite
  • Day 21

    Rishikesh - The Beauty of India

    December 9, 2018 in India ⋅ ☀️ 19 °C

    I just can't explain my love for this place. Its a bit touristy and is very well known for its Yoga and has quite the hippy vibe. It's just so peaceful, well obviously it's has a bit of beeping but don't think I can ever rid of that... We checked out of our homestay as its got quite a lot of construction work so it is noisy and then we headed for Aloo Paratha for breakfast. The plan for the day is to go for a hike, but we are so chilled that I'm not sure if we will haha After breakfast we felt so calm we decided to go for a coffee again at the beautiful cafe we sat at yesterday. The sun was blazing into the cafe and it has a gorgeous outlook onto the Ganges. After having made a couple of life decisions yesterday we now feel super chilled and even more excited for our next month of travelling. (Watch this space for an update...).

    After a lazy start to the day we decided to go on a bit of a hike up a nearby hill we saw. It was super steep! But the view at the top was really lovely. Luckily I made it to the top as let's just say I was pretty sick along the way! We sat and bird watched for a while. On the way down we saw a family of pied hornbills!! What an incredible site!

    In the evening we had falafel, dumplings and chowmein. An odd combo I know but Indian food gets a bit much after a while... Dare I say it... Then we moved to our new homestay. We didn't realise how far out it was and jeeze it was far, mainly because it was uphill the whole way. Although feeling quite ill its been a really nice day... So far...

    Now the main reason we moved was because we wanted tranquility and peace. 😭 The reviews lied! It was not peaceful at all, constant bikes revving, children screaming, construction work going on and a guy constantly making sick noises. I ended up watching a film on my phone in attempt to block out the noise and eventually fell asleep at 3am. Not what I wanted when I was already feeling rotten. Unfortunately we booked 2 nights here 😔

    The next morning was very rough and I had a horrible fever and achey bones again. The positive of the situation was that they had hot water! Phew. I must admit today was a nothing day. I was either in bed or helping Will with the washing. My highlight of the day was when Will went for a little excursion and came back loaded with a chocolate croissant, cinnamon roll, popcorn and a mini dairy milk. He's the best!! As I hadn't eaten all day I was in heaven 😊

    Hope your day was better!
    Read more