Satellite
  • Day 23

    Happy 10 Year Anniversary of Pub Golf

    December 11, 2018 in India ⋅ ⛅ 19 °C

    Now only my uni students will probably know but me and Will had a funny old start of our relationship of which I won't go into here, but we finally got together today 10 years ago after properly meeting during Pub Golf. It's not our official anniversary but it was, as my mum would say, the start of our courting days. 😏

    Today we were moving accomodation... again.... We decided to move back towards our previous hostel so that we could easily access places to eat and see.

    In the morning we packed up, grabbed all our washing and went for breakfast at a Frog Life Cafe and had Egg Bhurji! At home we call this acurry, its spicy scrambled eggs with tomatoes and onions and it's super super tasty. It wasn't quite my mums version but it was as close as I'm going to get so I'll take it. 😊

    Then Will took me to an amazingly cool cafe called Shanti Shanti that he discovered yesterday. Honestly I was in hippie heaven. The cafe pertruded over the river but on the opposite side to the other cafe we love and it had a live guitarist. The seats were positioned in a really cool fashion too. They were almost like sitting bunk beds and I felt like I was just hovering over the river. It was really really romantic. I do love this guy 😍Rishikesh is just a heavenly place to be.

    The day was reading and then researching what to do after our week in Mumbai ie over Christmas, New Year and until our visa runs out in mid January. Oh and drinking tea, eating amazingly fresh food (woohoo we had salad) is a given! We actually ended up spending the whole day till sunset there! It was so peaceful. After sunset we finally left and checked into our new hotel. 🤞 It seems pretty good so hopefully we don't have to move again!!

    For dinner we went to our good old falafel man and had falafel and chai. Gosh its nice to be back near the center.
    Read more