Satellite
  • Day 37

    It's Christmas!!

    December 25, 2018 in India ⋅ ☁️ 32 °C

    Well the day has come. This time last year we were in England attempting to plan our what we thought would be a 3 month trip travelling in SEA. In fact this time last year we hadn't even booked our flight even though we left on the 11th. Its just crazy to think about it.

    In the morning we went for a Christmas day swim, got ready and then went to meet Charlotte. When we met her she was paralysed in her hammock haha!! So we just sat, read our books and chilled. We met someone called Ady who got on like a house on fire with Will. While chilling Ady spotted dolphins!! They were super close!! It was very exciting.

    After a while Charlotte joined and we were able to encourage her to come and grab some lunch with us. We spent the afternoon just chilling, chatting and reading. By dinner she was feeling much better and we ventured further down the beach for dinner ate amazing aubergine, paneer and cashew potato cream with tandoor chapattis. It was sooo good.

    For 10 days the police have put a 10 day ban on alcohol at the beaches in this area because supposedly young Indian men go crazy wild and so its to prevent them. For foreign tourists this is obviously crazy especially for this time of year, so obviously there has started a black market for it instead. And I must admit we did join in. We bought cartons of old Monk Rum and coke and had sneaky drinks in the local restaurants to celebrate. Haha I felt like the teenager I'd never been able to live! We then found out about a local pool party so after a couple of sneaky rums we were up for a boogy. I had my reservations but actually it was good fun. Not many people actually went into the pool and to be honest it was a pretty chilled out party.

    It was a Christmas with an emotional and surreal roller-coaster but it was certainly different and fun!

    I honestly don't have much to add about the next day. We juzf sat in Hanumans Cafe and chilled out reading books, chatting and eating lots. 😊❤️
    Read more