Satellite
  • Day 18

    Bend - without an IPhone??

    November 18, 2019 in the United States ⋅ ⛅ 14 °C

    18th november 2019

    today we leave early.
    It’s approximately 170 miles to our next stop, the small town of Bend, Oregon.
    A place that has always been on our bucket list.

    We checked in at noon in the "Crown Villa RV Park" and noticed at the entrance that it is a rather luxurious camping space.
    The boothes here are spacious, have their own small garage for the stuff you have with you and are surrounded by rustling trees.

    We were lucky and catched the last place in a wide open range all the way down the alley.
    From here a small footpath leaded directly into a hiking area, which joins the RV Park. Perfect!
    So, quickly water, electricity and gas hooked up, the outside table prepared for the evening and quickly jumped into our hiking boots. The dog finally wanted to romp ....

    We were on track for about 3 minutes when I missed a step, slided down a dirty rock and landed on my ass.
    All in all not a big deal - but... yepp, I felt it.
    In my pants back pocket there was this little expensive Apple device. Fxxck!!!
    The apple transformed into a banana in seconds!
    A total write-off 😫😭 [yes, there is a picture at bottom ⬇️ ]

    But anyway, we followed the path downhills and found a great open landscape to stray around.

    On early afternoon the sky sent some message and it looked that the rainy weather could stop soon.
    Good requirement for exploring Bend and its dwellers tomorrow.
    Read more