Satellite
  • Day 21

    frosty wake up •|• welcome California

    November 21, 2019 in the United States ⋅ ☀️ 6 °C

    21th november 2019

    After the blanket was pulled up to the neck in the night, it was time to get up!
    And even in this cold, brrrr.
    So a jump into the clothes and fired up the gas stove.
    Only a strong coffee can now drive the cold away. But when the tap was turned on: nothing!
    What happened? Did we forgot to hook up the night before?

    So there was no other way out than to go out in the cold to have a closer look what happened.
    Oh my god, a check on the Airstreams bumber, the place where freshwater comes in, showed in an impressive way how cold the last night was.
    The connector which fits the waterhose was covered by a nearly 4 feet long icicle!
    A beautiful formation created during night by nature
    but also a killer condition regarding the trailers hydrosystem.
    Santos runs a classic house automation system which isn‘t really made for freezy conditions.
    The freezing of plumbing would mean a burst of the pipes 💦
    A nightmare when knowing that everything is installed in the Airstreams subfloor...!

    But we were lucky, only the first inches of inlet were frozen and the hot water from communities restrooms solved the problem.
    45 minutes later the water was running again.

    With a little delay we left the beautiful ‚Crater Lake RV Park‘ with the 100% intention to visit this gem again very soon.

    Early afternoon Santos was towed across the golden borderline of the state of
    ☀️🏄‍♂️CALIFORNIA 🏄‍♀️🌟

    (yes, the village where OR and CA meets is really called ‚Weed‘ 🤣)

    Final destination for today was ‚Mountain Gate RV Park‘ which we choosed as a good point of origin to discover the Lakehead hiking area as well as the city of Redding.
    Read more