Satellite
  • Day 4

    Day 4 - Cadiz Arrival!

    September 13, 2017 in Spain ⋅ 🌙 23 °C

    Today might have been the best one yet, despite being a travel day. Checked out of our Madrid Airbnb, had one last pastry from our favorite breakfast spot, and ventured to the train station. Had a lovely train ride south, even catching a great view of the Mezquita in Córdoba.

    Cadiz was one of the cities on this trip that I was most excited about, as I discovered it through my own research without any recommendations from friends and family and was anxious to see what it was all about! So far, it did not disappoint! Cadiz is the oldest continuously inhabited city in Europe. There are fortresses, stone walls, and several beaches lining the coast. We sipped cervezas while watching the sunset over a fortress from the 16th century (2,500+ years after the city was discovered by the Phoenicians) on the water. The old fishermen's city is also known for its seafood, and that's all we've eaten since our arrival - mussels (unexpectedly cold, but fresh), garlic shrimp, and fresh grilled snapper. Now it's time to enjoy the bottle of red wine left by our Airbnb host on the rooftop of this wonderful apartment! Buenos noches!

    Beach tomorrow!!
    Read more