Satellite
  • Day 5

    Day 5 - Cadiz

    September 14, 2017 in Spain ⋅ ☀️ 24 °C

    Wow! So far, every day has been better than the last. Cadiz is absolutely amazing.

    Today started off great. Tim squeezed us some fresh orange juice to drink after our morning workout. Then we hung our laundry to dry on the rooftop clotheslines and took the bus across town to "New Cadiz", where the beautiful Playa Victoria spans miles down the coast. It is one of the most beautiful beaches either of us have ever seen - a wide beach with soft sand and clear, warm, calm water. There is a stunning backdrop of "Old Cadiz" - stone walls and fortresses lining the coast. We relaxed and read on the beach for hours before grabbing lunch at a seaside cafe (seafood paella with green sauce). We then walked the mile or so back to our Airbnb for a late afternoon siesta.

    After the siesta we finished our bottle of wine, danced a little, and read our books on the rooftop. Then we walked through the streets until we found a nice outdoor restaurant for dinner - delicious tapas of sausage and grilled clams followed cuttlefish...we ordered this knowing it was local to the city but thinking it was a fish and having no idea it was really a giant, purple, grilled squid. It was actually pretty good, but I don't think we'll order it again! Then we wandered several more windy alleys before a couple of beers on a beachside bar to finish the night.

    We love Cadiz!!!
    Read more