Satellite
  • Day 31

    Day 31 - Last Day in Rome/Italy/Europe

    October 10, 2017 in Italy ⋅ 🌙 16 °C

    Another long and great day in Rome! We started our day waking up early for our Vatican tour. The tour was a very small group (us and a family of 3) that started at 8:00, an hour before the Vatican is open to the public. We walked through all of the Vatican museums, including the royal apartments decorated by Raphael, and then went into the amazing Sistine Chapel. After the museum, we went to St. Peter's Square and then into St. Peter's Basilica - the largest Catholic Church in the world. Of all of the churches that we have seen, this one was definitely the most extravagant.

    After the tour ended, we had a quick lunch (Chinese food!) and then took a very long nap. We woke up, and ventured out for more wandering, including a visit to the huge Trevi Fountain (and tossed in some coins for good luck!). Then we walked around for miles and finally found a good Italian restaurant for our last dinner in Rome - we started with mussels and sausage/sun-dried tomato bruschetta and then we both got fresh pasta - clam and mushroom for Tim and spinach ricotta ravioli for me. We walked for a bit more and now we're ready to read (Tim got 3 new books at a bookstore today) and bed!

    Off to Vietnam tomorrow!!!
    Read more