Satellite
  • Day 66

    Rain + Scooter = cold and wet Hywel

    June 20, 2016 in South Korea ⋅ ☁️ 23 °C

    Rented a scooter today to visit some of the sites, which seemed like a good idea...

    I did persevere, and visited Seongsan Ilchul-bong, which is a classic tuft volcano, apparently. All I know is that I walked up a hill, not even that high, and I got the classic South Korea view of clouds/mist.

    I continued on for a while, then had to abandon ship and jumped under a bus shelter as the rain was getting a bit heavy.

    I then carried on after it calmed down a bit to some lava tubes. If it wasn't so cold (it didn't help that I was soaked), I would have stayed longer. It was very impressive, much bigger and more dramatic than the one we walked through in Hawaii.

    After that, despite being next to a maze park that I was looking forward to, I gave up and started heading back to the hotel for a hot shower. It was still 2 hours away.

    I love driving scooters, but tiny drops of water smashing into your face all the time kind of hurts. I think it's a sunny day thing. It's a pity, because the island looks really nice. But it's going to rain for a few more days here, and I've got relaxing on my mind.
    Read more