Satellite
  • Day 4 - The Bullpen

    June 28, 2019 in the United States ⋅ ⛅ 27 °C

    Last night we stayed with Frank and left early morning. Jenn made us muffins and coffee and I played with Rocky before having to say goodbye. We couldn’t leave right away as Doug lost the keys yet again. We then made our way to Panera Bread (St. Louis Bread Company in St. Louis) and got some food. On the way we stopped at a gas station and got some snacks. I got some Wisconsin cheese and beef stick combo.

    We finally got to the hotel and then met with the maker of Vero amps who took us out to dinner at an Italian place called Pesciolino Osteria. I got some kind of chicken that was similar to chicken Parmesan but it had veggies. The appetizers were great; we had bruschetta and even though I hate tomatoes those ones were super good.

    We then made our way to Shorewood for the gig. We were supposed to start at 8 but landed up showing up around that time. Vero’s owner was the dude who made the gig happen and insisted we go to dinner and just relax. The show was an absolute blast, which was somewhat surprising because it was a sports bar with lots of TVs. Everyone was super into it, most especially Jeff Burgos (in the group picture). Thomas played insanely good, Doug was on his game, and Andrew as always played killer.

    The night ended with Andrew searching frantically for his iPod and then a buckle from his shoe. I got some late night soda and Fruit Loops from the lobby. Tomorrow we’re off to New Glarus, Wisconsin to play their big festival. The Jimmys open, then us, then we back up Bryan Lee. Super excited for that one!
    Read more