Satellite
  • Day 9

    Day 8 - Wrigley

    September 20, 2019 in the United States ⋅ ⛅ 27 °C

    Today’s show was okay but it was less about that and more about the happenings after. We had bbq at Smoke Daddy’s (where we played) and it was meh. The coleslaw was great until I got hit by all the cilantro. No good for me. The drums were set up under the stairs which is always nice.

    After the gig we had to carry all the gear we used (for me snare, throne, sticks, cymbals, and pedal) like three blocks in game day traffic. It was ridiculous. We then went to a place to see Joel Patterson play an acoustic gig with a dude on washboard and an upright bass. We talked to him for a bit about music.

    After we went to Reggie’s to their pro blues jam. The drummer from Lil Ed and the Imperials was playing alongside Billy Flynn. We played a set with Billy and he sounded amazing. We stuck around briefly and heard some rock dudes. Billy said something like “we finished too soon.”

    We then went to the House of Blues where Nick Moss was at. We all had a burger which wasn’t great but better than the bbq. Nick invited us up and I had a little trouble because Patrick is a foot taller than me so it was all wonky. Hank Mowry and Mondo Cortez also sat in, with Bea who is Rodrigos wife. She did Mojo Workin but in a way I’m not used to. She had lots of hits especially at the end. It wasn’t super smooth. We played a couple more and ended with a good floater and a song Dennis sang.

    We hung out for a bit then went back to Nicks place to sleep while they headed off to a gig in Canada. It was a super fun day.
    Read more