Satellite
  • Clearwater, Florida

    March 27, 2017 in the United States ⋅ ☀️ 25 °C

    On our way home to nap we swung into King's Pizza where the deal of the day was 2 slices gets you a free beverage. Grabbed the sausage and cheese, light crust even worthy of eating the pizza bones and with the price of 2 slices for $5 it was a deal!

    After our nap we set out to see what the night life was like. Caught a busker who was getting ready for his grand finale, a double fire whip act. It's was great but we feel he needed less talk and more rock.

    Searching menus of local eateries we drifted down a side street with nothing striking our tastes. As we walked I smelled marvelous food coming a building tucked away off the street. Approaching the building we discovered Bobby's Bistro & Wine Bar. Looking in through the tinted glass of the door it didn't appear to be lively, yet did look a bit expensive. The waitress saw looking in and opened the door inviting us in. It's a real quaint little joint with almost a Greek feel to it. Kitchen was closing so we put our order in as they seated us in there covered patio area. Sami got the Caesar salad and I the steak salad, both were delicious! Prices ranged from $5-$14 for the food, but what's great about Bobby's is the staff. Very friendly, apologetic, they brought us fresh made warm bread with a bowl of olive oil, pesto and Parmesan cheese. The wait staff never let our water glasses empty. The music was fun, ambient and peppy being played through the speakers of the place. Suddenly Eminem's "Real Slim Shady" came on and quickly changed as we were getting in the groove. All-in-all it's a very quaint joint, find it at 447 Mandalay Ave, Clearwater Beach.

    We strolled back to our abode smiling over having such a great time and meal at Bobby's. Once home I threw a movie on via my laptop patched into the TV and we quickly snored our way to the next day.
    Read more