Satellite
  • Day 2

    Goodbye Clearwater

    March 29, 2017 in the United States ⋅ ☀️ 27 °C

    We awoke taking one last shower in our abode, packed and munched upon our leftovers of the previous day's breakfast. Rearranged the vehicle and decided to see who can kick who's butt in miniature golf.

    At 630 S Gulfview Blvd in Clearwater you will find Captain Bligh's Landing & Miniature Golf Adventures along with their beautiful parrot Scarlet who's known to eat people's fingers and pizza. $10 will get ya 18 holes with a bonus one at the end, toss in $2.50 for a custom ball to keep.

    Captain Bligh's is a kitschy pirate themed outdoor course that even has a jail that's labeled Daycare. 😜 We agree the last 3 holes are the toughest with water and sand traps. Sage was seriously dehydrated from the night before but came around once we hit the coolness of the caverns. In the end Sami won 61-68 and Sage is eager for a rematch elsewhere.

    Afterwards we stopped by a dock near the hotel where we saw schools of fish, sand sharks and other sea life. It's a known manatee spot but we didn't see any. Sage attempted to get a fish pedicure but the fish were not going for his feet bait.

    Deciding to check out the back dock of our hotel we saw a neighbor trying his luck at fishing. While chatting with them his wife's prescription glasses flew off her head and into the water. Sage ran off coming back with the pool skimmer, but no luck, so her husband hopped in barefoot and found her glasses with his feet. The poor guy came out with cuts all over his feet but it was their 30th Anniversary, so he racked up husband points with her for sure.

    Later we learned they were from Chicago and a few days prior, that their son was robbed of his vape by gun point 15 feet away from them near Pier 60. We were shocked and figured it was time to head to Saint Petersburg having dinner with Sami's daughter, son-in-law, grand daughter and daughter's first Mom.

    The restaurant is called The Avenue, kind of a hip place where Sami's daughter pointed out the first thing on their menu is bacon.
    They do have vegetarian options but they're slim to say the least. Food was good ranging $8-$14 and they poor stiff drinks, so you've been warned!

    Sage shared some magic with Leah's husband Justin and they discussed their move to Seattle and best areas to raise their daughter.

    Parting is sweet sorrow as they say but we shall see them soon enough in the Pacific Northwest.
    Read more