Satellite
  • Day 46

    Had rin nai beach

    October 17, 2016 in Thailand ⋅ ☀️ 31 °C

    We arrived at our new digs for the next 2 nights. The full moon party is cancelled due to the Kings death. We think this is a good thing because apparently this party is really insane with literally thousands of people coming from other islands and other parts of koh pangnan. Were thinking it will be much more toned down without the loud sound stages and presumably less people.
    We had a great time diving. What a feeling! We loved our five instructor. His name was "Nischi" (I think) and he had the best hair I've ever seen. Also he was just a nice guy who has a passion for nature and lives a simple life. He was an excellent instructor and really wanted us to understand what we were doing and why so that we could be relaxed and confident under the water. We didn't have the best luck with the conditions. The visibility wasnt great at all. We went to sail rock for our last day of diving which usually has good visibility but of course the currents changed direction of the day that we went. It was still amazing and I really want to go again at some point. It was a great feeling to feel weightless and to be surrounded by animals! Swimming through schools of fish etc.
    Yesterday we just spent relaxing and did a bit of snorkelling. The bay where we were staying was famous for snorkelling. Tons of fish around he corals.
    Hope you are all well :)
    Read more