Satellite
  • Day 5

    Bilbao, Spain

    September 4, 2017 in Spain ⋅ ⛅ 24 °C

    Our trip back to the ship yesterday was not as easy as we thought it would be. After lunch we walked around for maybe 25 minutes thinking we had tons of time since it was almost 2 hours until we start work and only a half hour shuttle to the ship. When we got to the shuttle buses however, we could not see the end of the line of people waiting to get on the shuttle. When we started following the line we still could not find the end. We eventually did find find it and quickly messaged Chris our manager about the line. Letting him now we might be late and so he also knew when we did start trying to get back to the ship.

    We couldn't believe it when we were all the way through the line and getting on a shuttle bus in about 15 minutes. We then however ended up in a line again at the other end of the shuttle. Waiting to get through the port's security. Then after that, another line to get through the ship's security. In the end though we got on the ship and still had 20 minutes to get ready before we had to head to work.

    Today has been a lot more relaxing. I had to get up this morning for inductions again. This morning was also crew rounds though so I would have had to get up anyways. After inductions I couldn't decide whether to go out in the port or not. I was still completely exhausted but really wanted to go. But as soon as I was back at my cabin I was sound asleep, so my decision was made for me. I woke up about an hour ago feeling awake for the first time since I joined the ship and still had more then enough time to have a shower, work on my blog and edit my photos from yesterday. So in the end I'm happy I didn't go out. I needed the nap a bit more.
    Read more