Satellite
  • Day 13

    Flaam, Norway

    September 12, 2017 in Norway ⋅ 🌧 13 °C

    Had a great morning because I spent the entire morning sound asleep. I got up around noon when Chris our manager was knocking on our door because we had agreed the night before that we as well as James (another photographer) would go for lunch at a restaurant Chris had been to before. It was really cool. The building was like a viking lodge inside. The main floor was a bar and the top floor was the restaurant. They had skins on the benches, carvings everywhere. When we went up to the restaurant they directed us to our table by telling us it was the one beside the reindeer skin. Then the food was amazing. I had Chicken A La Munin (Pulled chicken served with Ceasar dressing, fresh salad, tomato, onion compote, cheddar and bacon on oven-baked Ægir bread with Parmesan), the guys had Pulled Pork SÆrmine (slow cooked pulled port marinated in Rallar Amber Ale served with fresh salad, tomato, onion, cheddar, jalapeno dressing and homemade coleslaw on Ægir bread). We all loved our food and ate WAY to much. I wasn't able to really get any photos inside because it was too dark. I just got a photo of the outside of the building.

    After lunch Chris headed back to the ship to plan our next cruise well James and I went for a walk. We were able to get some great pictures of the ship because we followed the water. It was really pretty. Next time I plan on walked up along the waterfall and getting some pictures there. I am now comfy in bed with 2 hours until I start work so it's time for a movie.
    Read more