Satellite
  • Day 65

    Bridgetown, Barbados

    November 3, 2017 in Barbados ⋅ 🌫 25 °C

    Finally got a proper lie-in and didn't get out of bed until my stomach made me for lunch. After a quick lunch in the crew mess I went into the cruise terminal for some wifi. It was a very rainy day so I didn't not at all regret my decision not to actually go out in Barbados this time. I did however discover that the wifi in the cruise terminal as not working. So I just ended up buying a ridiculously large bag of Cheetos (which is completely gone as of 5 minutes ago) and walked back to the ship. We were docked beside Adonia which is the first time I have seen her. With Adonia only being a photography team of 2 I really wanted to be able to try a contract there at some point but now with her being sold and leaving P&O in March I won't be able to.

    I had to work in the afternoon and now I'm IPM for the overnight. Most of the team is out at Harbour Lights which is where basically all the crew go at night. I on the other hand am nice and comfy in my bed with tons of movies to watch... but no more cheetos.

    We had two people join today. One of which I already knew. Ina was the lab tech when I first joined the ship and then met us in Athens when the ship went there because that is where she lives. Caroline the other person who joined today is joining as our assistant manager which will take a lot of the pressure off of me and allow me to focus more on the responsibilities of grade 3 photographers not having to cover both roles when being only a grade 2 photographer. Which I am looking forward too. Today the paperwork was started however to get me up to grade 3.
    Read more