Satellite
  • Day 5

    Olden, Norway

    July 16, 2019 in Norway ⋅ ⛅ 15 °C

    Today was a day of relaxation. We went for a walk first thing in the morning before Jackson had to start work at 12. We walked to an old Church that Jackson and I had been to before but it was closed this time. It was still a good spot to sit and relax though before heading back. When we came back to the ship Ruby and I booked our spa appointment. We booked their The Perfect Day Massage Special which included a full body massage, invigorating skin brushing, Elemis touch facial, foot and ankle massage and scalp massage. Ruby says it was not as deep a massage as she likes and with mine I could not have sat through it if it was any deeper. It was a good experience though, especially with it being my first massage.
    That night it was my turn it be surprised by someone being on-board. Well we were waiting for a table to be ready in our assigned restaurant we were sitting in Brodie’s (where Jackson works). I login and check my messages and I have a message from a good friend Harry, “Dinner tonight?”. I was so confused and when I looked at Harry’s facebook profile I realized he was also on the ship as a passenger. He later told me that a restaurant manager we had run into early told him I was also on-board. Harry was my last manager on Azura before I left ships. Even though he is extremely busy when the ship is docked in Southampton, he worked in the gallery and took my shift so I could send time with Jackson before I left. Then on Jackson’s birthday he printed a birthday card I made and gave it to Jackson for me. So I am very excited to get to properly thank him for everything and catch up. We so far have just quickly said hi and chatted for a minute on our way into the show Astonishing but we’ve planned for him to come for dinner with Ruby and I on the 18th.
    Astonishing is a show performed by the Headliners Theatre company that I have always found really good. It’s a newer show with singing and dancing like always but it also incorporates magic and illusion into it as well. I told Ruby before we came on the ship that she needed to see that show and she loved it.
    The only other thing we did today other then nap was we spent a lot of time sitting on the top deck at the very back of the ship watching the ship sail through the fjords.
    Read more