Satellite
  • Day 9

    Southampton, UK

    July 20, 2019 in England ⋅ ⛅ 18 °C

    After some major delays docking due to an unusually low tide we finally made it off the ship. Our first stop was hour hotel for the night the Travelodge Southampton Central to drop off our suitcases. We then headed to Boots (pretty much the same as Shoppers Drug Mart) to pick up cold medicine for both Jackson and Ruby. I’ve been dealing with a LOT of coughing and nose blowing the last couple days. Now we are at our usual spot, Standing Orders. Jackson is waiting for Sports Direct to open at 9:30am so he can pick up a suitcase, well Ruby and I will be waiting here for him to come back so we can have an early lunch before he has to head back to the ship for work.
    Yesterday was our final sea day. Ruby and I were very surprised when the noon announcement woke me up. We had no idea we had slept so long. When Jackson finished work shortly after that we played another game of Pachessi before having yet another nap. We later realized we slept through the Great British Sail along which I was a bit sad about. I was looking forward to taking Ruby to it. We ended up ordering room service for lunch so we could eat with Jackson which meant we didn’t end up leaving our cabin until a bit before our reservation at Sindhu the Indian restaurant for dinner. Ruby really enjoyed it. We then however had to head back to the cabin to pack. We packed until we headed to see DNA an act that made it to the finals on Britain’s Got Talent. I think they were quite good but Ruby was very sceptical of their abilities, not really believing get show.
    Read more