Satellite
  • Glasgow

    May 1, 2018 in Scotland ⋅ ⛅ 11 °C

    A slightly frantic and stressy end of the working day before Mandy dropped me on Pershore St to avoid the horrors of Horsefair and the Pagoda roundabout. Fortunately the lift up to the Queensway was working and although there was an ominous puddle my nose didn't detect any thing too unsavoury.
    My ticket said Coach A seat 1, quiet zone with a power socket it didn't say that by the time we were at Crewe they would be practically the only occupied seats in the carriage, four strangers playing sardines in an empty coach. I had a window seat and assumed that my companions would vacate as soon as pairs of seats freed up.. Nope. By Wigan I had had enough and I hauled my case down and headed to the wide open spaces of coach B. The rest of the journey was uneventful; peering out at dark, rainswept stations and munching my snack stash.
    Four hours later we pulled in to Glasgow's lovely Victorian Central Station. It was a wet night but there were plenty of cabs. My minimal experience of Glasgow has always been of an interesting city, an architectural mix and tonight rain soaked and illuminated by city lights I thought it looked even more appealing, almost cinematographic.
    The cab driver was a little vague about the location but we made it and tea, wine and good conversation had a restorative effect.
    Read more