Satellite
  • Day 47

    Aguas Calientes - Inka Jungle Trail

    October 12, 2016 in Peru ⋅ ⛅ 12 °C

    We like action and adventures, that's why we booked the "Inka Jungle Trail" to visit Machu Picchu. We made a good deal: 150$ for the whole trip including biking, river rafting and zip lining. In contrast to the best known tours "Inka Trail" and "Salkantay Trail", this trip was more about adventure than hiking:
    - 70 km biking
    - river rafting
    - zip lining
    - 21 km hiking
    - hot springs

    We started our 4 days trip at 8am with a 4h bus ride from Cusco to the mountains. Up there we catched some bikes. It was fun to ride down the mountains. But more fun was when we arrived in Santa Maria, where we went for river rafting. Our guide (15 years old!) made a lot of jokes and funny things with us while rafting. This was some of the highlights of the trip!

    The next day we had to do a 7h walk which was quite exhausting. In the morning the weather was as beautiful as the sun was shining. In the afternoon we weren’t that lucky again, suddenly the weather turned to heavy rain and the whole group was wet all over. The more we appreciated to recover in the hot springs of Santa Teresa. In the evening we took part of the celebration of the 59th anniversary of this town. The whole town was drunken dancing and some of our group too.

    The third day started with zip lining which was quite scary because of the height. After this adventure we had again to walk for several hours along the train track until we finally arrived in Aguas Calientes, our last destination before climbing the Machu Picchu. It is a really nice town where we could spend more than one night, but unfortunately the trip included just one… Last but not least we would like to thank all people of the group which made this trip unforgetable. It was great with you chicos!
    Read more