Satellite
  • Day 87

    Colonia del Sacramento - Uruguay

    November 21, 2016 in Uruguay ⋅ ⛅ 15 °C

    Just seconds after getting the stamp in the passport to leave Argentina, a man accompanied us to the next counter which allready put the stamp of the entry permit of Uruguay in it. So we kinda where allready in Uruguay even we haven't yet left Argentina. Would have been nice to have always such an unbureaucratic immigration.

    To go with the ferry was a special experience, because it was quite similar like going by the airplane: The check-in process was the same and the seats were like in a plane, the only difference was that the duty free shops were on the boat.

    After an one hour drive with the ferry we crossed the 40km broad river (yes it is a river and actually the broadest in the world) and arrived in Colonia del Sacramento.

    Colonia is a very tranquil beach town. It's the right opposite to Buenos Aires and perfect to calm down. It has a historical centre with old, narrow streets and buildings and on several corners we found really old cars standing there. Some of them they let just there as a static symbol of the past, others are really rusty but still in use! To spend one day in Colonia was definitely a right desicion!
    Read more