Satellite
  • Day 26

    Day 26

    March 21, 2020 in the United States ⋅ ⛅ 79 °F

    Dani went to pick up Andrew after his 24 hour duty (he does get some sleep during that time) while I made a breakfast quiche. It is so nice to have a kitchen! We had a leisurely breakfast, and then did some packing, as we will be checking out tomorrow. Then Andrew took us to one more part of the island that we hadn't seen, the lower east side. All state parks are closed, and had yellow tape across the parking lot entrances. But there were still people on the beach. We parked on the side of the road and watched the surfers for awhile. Next we went to Bellows Air Force Base where there was a beautiful white powdery sand beach, just for Military families. We took a nice long walk on the beach, enjoying the sun, breeze and waves. On the drive back we passed Kokohead mountain and Diamondhead. We had hoped to be able to climb Diamondhead, but it is a state park and is closed. We stopped by Andrew and Dani's apartment to drop off their things, and picked up some supper. Then a quick trip to Walmart to get a new game and a Redbox movie. There weren't too many games left, I guess everyone had the same idea. But we found Upwords, and got the movie " The Great War" about a troop of black soldiers in WWI.
    Upwords was fun, I don't know how our family missed out on this game all these years!
    Read more