Satellite
  • Day 2

    Ho Chi Minh city walk

    August 8, 2017 in Vietnam ⋅ ⛅ 31 °C

    From our Hostel we started to Ben Tanh Market. The Market is colourful and you can get nearly everything. Starting with T-Shirts ending with living water snakes. Compared to other asian countries I found it refreshing that a friendly smile and a no was accepted. In other countries people keep trying to sell you something which is annoying. Be aware that there is nearly no circulation inside. So the heat stays in the hall.

    Afterwards we went on to Notre Dame. Unfortunately Notre Dame was closed due to renovation. Nevertheless it is worth a visit.

    Directly opposite to Notre Dame you find the old postal office. The Office is still productive an the Architecture is great. It is nice to watch the people coming and going and you will find a mixture of locals and tourists.

    After Notre Dame we made a stop in the Restaurant Au Parc - highly recommended and went on to the War Museum. In the beginning it says that you should have a good stomach. An indeed the history is made up quite well and many of the pictures will make you feel bad and feel sorry for what mankind is able to do.

    After a sleeping break - jet lack is saying hello - we had a short walk to the river, watched a ceremony at the city hall and finished the great time with a beer on The View Rooftop Bar which is another recommendation!
    Read more