Satellite
  • Day 3

    Cu Chi Tunnels

    August 9, 2017 in Vietnam ⋅ ⛅ 27 °C

    Today we decided to visit the famous tunnels of Vietnam in Cu Chi area. As we found out there are two locations: the location most tourist busses and booked tours go to and a second place not that crowded and reachable via public bus.
    We chose the second one by taking the bus Nr 13 from District 1 Bus Terminal to Cu Chi. Unfortunately the traffic was quite bad so it took us about 1:45 to Cu Chi. There you switch to Bus 79 to Ben Duoc. Better tell the driver to kick you out in Ben Duoc, near the tunnel!

    From there it is only a few meters to the area including the tunnels, the Tempel, a paintball are and a shooting Range. I did not quite get the last two.

    We payed 90.000 entry per person and the guide was included. The tour starts with a movie, a showboard and an explanation of what and how and ends with the highlight: the tunnels. You will have the opportunity to walk trough some including entering through one original hole which is insanely small.

    The way back was the same in reverse order. There is a nice lady selling fruits and water directly at the street in front of the tunnel area. She told us how long we will approximately wait until the bus arrives and also offered some benches to wait on.
    Read more