Satellite
  • Day 14

    Scooter trip in Phuket

    September 3, 2018 in Thailand ⋅ 🌧 27 °C

    Finally being back in our Backpacking mood we booked a scooter in the morning and started a tour.

    Planned destinations where:
    - Ton Sai waterfall in the north
    - Bang pae Waterfall and Gibbon Reha center on the other side of the Forrest
    - the Big Buddha statue
    - possibly another viewpoint
    - some quiet beach for relaxing

    After about 30 minutes we arrived at the first Waterfall. A small road guides you through the country side to the entrance where they will charge you 200 Baht per Person plus 20 Baht for the Scooter. This is really expensive for Thailand! We decided to pay since we had a long trip and walked up the trail guiding us to a natural pool in the river. The trail went on through the jungle, passing the river several times. Unfortunately the trail somehow vanished in the jungle, we were hungry, and after some searching and trying we decided to move on with the scooter instead of spending the afternoon in climbing up through the jungle.

    Next stop was Bang Pae waterfall. Again they wanted to charge us 200 Baht. Per Person. Even for visiting the Reha Center. So we decided to leave again.

    We went all the way down to the big Buddha statue, which is the highest in Thailand. From there we went on to Nai Harn Beach and enjoyed the sunset on the small but lovely beach.

    On our way back we passed Rawai and stopped in the Nikita Restaurant. Great seat directly at the sea but quite expensive.
    Read more