Satellite
  • Day 23

    There and back again...

    July 29, 2017 in Vietnam ⋅ ☀️ 27 °C

    We went, we saw, we enjoyed...
    Out time in Vietnam is over, final breakfast then heading to the airport.
    How to summarise the trip in a free words?
    Great to spend this time with good friends and to dabble in the cultures that are Vietnam, for that is all you can do in 3 weeks is dabble.
    In Saigon, as most people still call HCMC, our senses were assaulted; the heat, the traffic (especially the scooters), the smells and the street food; even the famous embryo duck egg!
    In Da Lat we literally tasted the countryside ... Crickets and silk worms! We experienced the rain of the hills and funky cafes of the small tourist town in the hills.
    In Hoi An, the diving the weather improving and life by the river. Yes touristy, but a lively small city with a nice heart.
    The scooter ride to Hue was a highlight. Hue was bigger than expected and gave us the chance to see some great temples.
    Finally the Hanoi area. Ha Long is spectacular, but also a contradiction - busy, often dirty, but truly a world heritage site. Sa Pa, the hills give the quintessential terraced rice fields and the chance to meet some of the ethnic minorities.
    Read more