Satellite
  • Day 7

    Prague

    May 7, 2018 in Czech Republic ⋅ ⛅ 12 °C

    Even after getting in at silly hours of the morning we were up at 9.30am and out the apartment by 11am, leaving our suitcases behind to go and collect again later. First stop... to get a drink. We had one in the coffee shop opposite our apartment, Leah and Katie ordering lemonade which came out as tap water with raspberry bits and flavouring in (they’re not having much luck with ordering drinks).

    We hadn't had breakfast and so decided to treat ourselves to lunch at the Hard Rock Cafe (yes we may of fallen in love with this place, 2 down, 189 to go). The food is just amazing and tastes heavenly (that’s no exaggeration), although we are all craving a roast and some vegetables now after nearly a week of eating very unhealthy.

    We spent the afternoon looking around some shops and introducing Leah to the world of Hamleys the toy shop. It has been extremely hot today and having been walking around for a good 2 hours now it was time to stop for a drink break, this time in Starbucks where they actually understand what an iced coffee is 😂. Time was getting on and we had a train to catch at 6.01pm so we made our way back to the apartment to collect our belongings and then found our way to the train station to catch the first of our three trains to Rome 😁 This journey in total will take 18 hours 😬

    The first journey to Linz HBF in Austria went quite fast. We passed the time by catching up with people back home on FaceTime. We also noticed houses in Austria are clearly built for very small people as they were tiny 😂 After a 40 minute stop off we were boarding the night train at 22.58pm.. excited but also very nervous not knowing what to expect. We were in a compartment with 3 other people and I can only describe my nights sleep as sleeping on an ironing board suspended from a height 😂 It was very cramped! We managed to get some sleep however it was extremely loud and the rocking motion all night was very strange. We arrive in Venezia Mestre at 8.12am tomorrow!
    Read more