Satellite
  • Day 10

    One long day travelling...

    May 10, 2018 in France ⋅ ⛅ 15 °C

    Our new train was scheduled for later than the one we had planned to get therefore we had a lie in till 9.30am 😁 It was then back to Roma Termini to catch our train. We bought some sandwiches for our lunch and then grabbed a McDonald’s breakfast. Once on our train we ate our breakfast. A burger with bacon and cheese is not our idea of breakfast and I ended up leaving mine although I can now say I’ve tried a McDonald’s burger (never again).

    I have to say this train journey was highly entertaining with so many things that made Katie and I giggle. First we spotted a woman who had so much lip filler her lips looked like they were going to pop 😂 Next a guy walks past with spiky hair almost like a hedgehog, he must of used a whole pot of gel to achieve this look put it that way. Then finally we our sat in our seats minding our own business and the man on the table next to ours starts reading his book out loud for a good 2 hours 😂

    We made it to Torino Porta Susa where we then had an hour to kill so went to grab a drink and some provisions for the rest of the journey. Long journeys seem to fly by now because we have become so used to it. Our next train was at 16.11pm and it was direct to Paris. The first part of the journey was very picturesque through the Susa valley with views of mountains covered in snow and very very high. The houses were cute as well all made out of wood and stone and quite small.

    Crossing over the boarder into France we were asked to show passports to the police. A few people were frisked and taken off the train. Next thing the police are walking down asking who’s suitcase the rose gold one is... that would be Leah’s! They immediately put it back and carried on wandering looking at bags. Not going to lie it was extremely scary.

    The journey continued and we realised the guy on our table spoke no English, Italian or French. People kept coming over and giving him food and then asked us if we could tell him to get off at Paris. He kept getting phone calls and every time the phone went off an old lady, who we then nicknamed the queen of the train, would come up to him and tell him to go somewhere else for his phone call.. very strange and also very rude. We just told him to ignore her.

    After figuring out the French metro (so confusing) we found our hotel. 😁 It’s very very nice! We had lindor chocolate balls in our room on entry with glass bottles of water (we haven’t had these luxuries on our travels so far). It was getting late and so Katie and Leah decided to have a tea before bed! The kettle decided to boil over and not stop boiling and so the only option was to catch the water in the bin and empty it in the bath😂 Second attempt and Leah pulled the plug before it boiled to solve the issue... puts the milk in the tea and it’s gone off 😂 Third attempt and they finally have their cup of tea each. Time for bed.
    Read more