Satellite
  • Day 11

    Paris 10th - 12th

    May 11, 2018 in France ⋅ ☁️ 15 °C

    It’s a sunny morning here in Paris and I’m up bright and early... other two not so much! Anyway I’m going to make the most of my time here so after getting ready I decided to go shopping 😁 There are some really nice places along the street near our hotel including a wine shop, patisserie and flower shop. First stop.. wine! The man in the shop was very helpful and talked me through which type of wine he would recommend and the flavours etc... I just agreed and had no idea what he was on about! Next stop... patisserie where I bought 2 chocolate éclairs and a giant macaron for Leah who has been desperate to try one! After buying the nicest looking cakes I gave the flowers a miss after deciding they were a bit too hard to get home on a plane. Back to the hotel I went where the other two had woken up and were greeted with cakes which we ate later on in the day!

    First item on our list of things to do today was the Eiffel Tower. Let’s be honest you can’t go to Paris and not see the Eiffel Tower!!! Katie was amazed at how big it is in real life 😂 It’s a shame you can’t walk under it anymore as they have fenced off a large area around it. We decided to be very French and go and buy baguettes from a local patisserie and eat them on the Champs-Elysees looking at the eiffel tower... all very nice.

    Next thing to see... the Arc de Triomphe. We walked about 30 minutes next to the river and up a street of shops to find it. Once their we were highly entertained at the madness of the roundabout surrounding it with cars going every direction narrowly avoiding one another. This is one roundabout I would never want to drive!

    We then started to head back towards the Eiffel Tower via Paris’ oxford street! Looking for somewhere to get a drink we decided this street probably wasn’t the best place to look as prices were extortionate. Passing Louis Vuitton we spotted 3 Lamborghini’s and Ferrari’s that we could only dream we would own one day😂 Before we knew it we were back to the riverside and found a nice bar where we had a relaxing drink in the sun.

    Time was getting on and so we decided to head back towards where we were staying. After finding a few more shops to have a nosy in we went back to the hotel to rest our feet for an hour and get ready to go out again for the evening.

    Along near our hotel we found a lovely little French looking restaurant where we had some French wine and some amazing food!!! One thing we all love about France is how they give you bread before your main meal comes out and we even got given a glass of popcorn! We sat here chatting and enjoying our time in Paris long into the night until we decided it was getting late and we should probably get some rest.

    We have our last train journey tomorrow :( :) Mixed emotions... sad that it’s nearly the end, dreading the 6 hours sat there (although 6 hours goes fast now to us), very very excited that we are going to Spain and also extremely happy that we don’t have to get on another train!!!!😁😁😁
    Read more