Satellite
  • Day 21

    Bangkok, the dog capital (of our trip)

    January 5, 2018 in Thailand ⋅ ☀️ 32 °C

    First full day in Bangkok was headlined by a trip to Big Dog Cafe, where we, uh, hung out with a bunch of cute big dogs. Malamutes, borzoi, a couple of Central Asian Shepherds, plus others, were all very cute and friendly - they also had a bunch of smaller dogs, including 2 Cardigan corgi pups and a Pembroke Welsh corgi.

    Prior to that, we had some excellent cocktails @ Highball Bangkok. I had a (not pictured) delicious Penicillin, made with ginger-honey syrup (not lazily-muddled ginger then and there) and garnished with a ginger strip. Danielle had something resembling a Rose Gin Fizz sans the fizz, which besides being gorgeous, was delicious. Then, the dogs, and then a trip back to the hotel and dinner at the fancy-pants Japanese restaurant in the lobby/basement of the JW.

    At dinner, we split some tempura soba and got some Australian wagyu bites, plus a bunch of sashimi. Oh, the sashimi - these guys either fly it in from Japan (as they claim to do) or, at the very least, never freeze their fish. The difference between frozen vs.never frozen fish is stupendous, and most pronounced in sashimi. Om nom nom - we got some extra fatty tuna to top off our meal, which was worth it even at the $15-20/piece price point. Tomorrow, likely to do some more exploring and hit up one of the markets.
    Read more