Satellite
  • Day 46

    Sun Ups & Sun Downs

    February 24, 2018 in Australia ⋅ ☀️ 30 °C

    Yet another early morning to catch a sunrise, this time we saw the sun rise above Uluru. I think my favourite sunrise so far was the one on Devil's peak.
    We drove to the base walk and headed clock-wise around Uluru. The vegetation around Uluru is a lot denser and way more green than I had imagined.
    When we made it all the way around to where we did the Mala walk yesterday, Cara wasn't there, so I walked to where we started out base walk and thereby walked all the way around the monolith.
    After the walk we went to the cultural center in the national park. Here we could read stories, watch documentaries, see aborigines women paint traditional artwork, and of course buy souvenirs.
    We drove back at 11 for lunch, and people split up. I went to the pool with, Caro, Clara, and Emily.
    Next point on the agenda was a short walk at Kata Tjuta, Cara gave us a small talk explaining how this flat area has these massive rock formations. From Kata Tjuta we drove to a lookout to see Uluru change colour during the sunset. We managed to see a Sand Goanna and enjoyed the sunrise.
    We had another lovely dinner cooked by Cara before going for an astronomy tour where we got to see nebulas, constellations, population 2 stars, and the moon through telescopes magnifying more than 100x.
    Read more